Monday, January 15, 2018

Week 20 - One month in Middleton

Quote of the week: "Is this your truck Elder Jones?"
(every time any of the missionaries in this area see a truck, they ask Elder Jones if it's his)

Hola mis amigos! 

Hello from warm, sunny Middleton! The weather here is feeling more like April everyday, and I apologize to any of you East Coasters who I hear are suffering through an especially cold winter. 

This week has been really awesome! i ate pizza at least 4 times (I lost count), which gave me the opportunity to hone my pizza-devouring skills. Thursday afternoon I was able to put down 11 slices at the Italian restaurant down the street from our apartment! Elder Jones just watched in horror as I returned to the buffet line again and again. We were also able to meet a lot of new people this week, and set dates for 5 new people to be baptized! I can't explain the amount of joy I feel when people decide to change something in their lives in order to come closer to Jesus Christ! It beats pizza by a long shot!

Cool story: I was with Elder Bruce for the day on Wednesday, and we had about 20 minutes until we had to be at the Methodist church to help with the community dinner. We were driving down main street, and I suddenly had the address 211 Jasper pop into my head. I thought that was a little strange, but we had some time to spare, so Elder Bruce and I decided to stop by. We found the address, and ended up talking to an older lady there for about 15 minutes. She was super nice, and said she'd love it if we could come visit and pray with her another day. It was a great visit and we left feeling pretty content. We went to the community dinner, and at the end, the lady in charge came up to us and asked a favor: "One of the older ladies that usually comes to these dinners wasn't able to make it, so we were wondering if you two would be able to go drop some food off with her and see how she's doing. I believe her address is... 211 Jasper." Elder Bruce and I just about fainted at that point! But we were able to go visit her again and bring her a meal, and it was such a special experience! I have a strong testimony that 'coincidence' is not in God's vocabulary.

Weekly Challenge: This week, make a new friend! Go out of your way to talk to someone you haven't met before, or doing some service for a stranger. And let God lead you! 

Love you all,
Elder Doyle
 
Fun with the Irwin Family
Animal Whisperer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment