Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Week 15 - New Face, New Place

Hello All!

There's so much to tell yet so little time, so I'll hit the main points: This week is transfers, and I've been assigned to leave Fruitland (*heart breaks*) and go to Middleton Idaho! I don't know much, but I'm excited to meet new people and be able to serve the Lord in a new area. I'll also be training a brand new missionary! He flies in tomorrow, and then we'll go to work! Hopefully I won't mess him up too much ;)

We just received confirmation that we'll be switching over to smartphones sometime in the next few weeks! I'm excited to see how switching from my old flip phone to a smartphone will be able to assist us in the work! I'll have to relearn how to text on a normal keyboard though... I had just gotten used to using the number pad haha. 

I took a ton of pictures this week to make up for the lack of pictures I've been sending lately, so those will tell you more about the week and the people I've been serving with. But just know that I know God is in control. I have loved Fruitland, and I'm totally nervous to train a new missionary in a new area, but I know that I have a Father in Heaven that has a plan for me. Even though I'm imperfect and will probably make a bunch of mistake in the near future, God knows me and what I need. I love Him.

Please keep participating in Light The World! December is almost half way over, and these service opportunities are truly changing the world. Keep Christ in Christmas my friends.

Love,
Elder Doyle
 
Memories from Fruitland:
 
I've gained a reputation as a Beefalo whisperer (cow and buffalo hybrid). I started making some weird mooing noises and they all started lumbering toward me.

Maddie was baptized this weekend, and she's truly an example to me of faith and diligence. This picture was taken at her baptism, less than two weeks after we first met her.  

Emery is the happiest baby I've ever met! I couldn't get her to sit still for a solid picture though.

My boy Avery has a girlfriend named Bea. She's a barbie. And he's 4. But I still see hope for their relationship.

We had the chance to snag a picture with some of the Fruitland high schoolers before we headed out this morning. They're examples to me of not being afraid to open your mouth and share the light of Christ!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment