Monday, December 4, 2017

Week-14 The Goose is Getting Fat!

Hello my friends!

Anthony and his son Marcus were baptized this past weekend!


It's been another great week filled with many evidences of God's hand! I don't have a ton of time this week, so I want to quickly share some experiences relating to one of the people I've been blessed work with here. 

This past Sunday was fast and testimony meeting at church, which allows anyone from the congregation to come up and share their testimony (what they've come to know is true relating to God and his Gospel). The last person to come up and speak ended up speaking much past the usual time that the meeting ends. When they finished speaking, I expected the Brother conducting the meeting to stand and close things up. But instead, the bishop told him to stay sitting, and we all sat there in awkward silence, watching the clock tick away. I was confused, as I'm sure the rest of the congregation was. Then suddenly, one of our 15-year-old investigators stood up and walked up to the podium. She gave the most pure, beautiful testimony I've ever heard, and basically the entire congregation was bawling. When I asked the bishop afterward why he hadn't let the meeting end, he said he had no idea. All he knew was the Spirit had told him that there was still one more. That experience really strengthened my own testimony that as we follow the promptings that God sends our way, we'll see miracles. 

This week, please continue to make Light the World a priority. I've started to see it bless people's lives already and can't wait to see the blessings and miracles continue! I love and pray for you all! Thanks for your wonderful examples!

Happy Holidays,
Elder Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment