Monday, December 18, 2017

Week 16 - Christmas Greetings!

Merry Christmas family and friends!

This has been an amazing week and I can't wait for another one as we focus on our Savior, Jesus Christ. On Wednesday, my new companion flew in from the Missionary Training Center, and his name is... Elder Jones! He hails from Albuquerque, New Mexico, and he's a great missionary! He's a runner and loves to work on cars and trucks. He works hard and is just an all-around great guy. I'm super excited to spend the next 3 months with him!
 
Elder Jones at his finest....
 
My hair was getting a little shaggy, so Elder Jones whipped out his barber skills

 
Elder Jones and I are serving in Middleton, Idaho. It has a population of about 6 or 7 thousand, but it has 13 LDS wards (congregations) and is about to form it's 2nd stake. It's basically a mini Utah. Everyone here is so nice, and Elder Jones and I have felt super welcome even though we're basically just flying by the seat of our pants. We live in a super nice apartment downtown (at least super nice for missionary standards) and I feel so blessed to serve here. 
 
Since there are basically no trees here, watching the sunrise is a piece of cake!
 

With Christmas upon us, I've been trying to focus my studies and thoughts on the birth of our Savior. Although it isn't in the Bible, I've always liked the story of the Little Drummer Boy, probably because I used to drum way back when. The Little Drummer Boy didn't have anything to give the baby Jesus, so he played his best on his little drum. I think that we're the same way. We may not have any extravagant, grandiose gifts to give to the Savior, but we can give Him our best. So over the next week, think about what you can give Christ. You may not have gold, frankincense, or myrrh, but we can all play our drum for him. 

Merry Christmas,
Elder Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment